Dear EUDEC2018 participants,
As the days come closer we are getting all the more excited to welcome you in Crete!
Due to unforeseen circumstances there has been a change of venue. There is nothing to worry about, as the conference dates and program will remain exactly the same (1-7 August + the opportunity to stay camped there until the 10th of August) and the new venue is even closer to Heraklion port/airport.
- For those of you that will be staying in tents there is no problem at all, nothing changes
- For those of you that had opted for indoor accommodation, we have sent a separate email. If you have not received one, please contact us at email@example.com
- Check transportation arrangements here
- Our menu will be vegan from local Cretan Bio (organic) Fairtrade producers
- Some of the tiny local tavernas have offered to cook special meals (meat) for those of you who might want it. But:
- This service will be independent of the conference
- You would have to communicate directly with the tavernas and order your food in the morning
- The price is not included in the conference ticket
Beach Excursion – 7/8
- We also changed the beach destination to one that is closer to the new venue
- Please, if you haven’t already done so, fill in this form:
Transportation arrangements in the document above
- Don’t forget to bring your towel/sunglasses/sunscreen 😉
Need your Help
- Let’s all make the conference more lively and fun, by bringing over what we can: trampolines, table tennis, hammocks, swings, balls, sports equipment, extra tents, shading equipment, pillows, sheets, mosquito nets, musical instruments etc.
- If someone will come by car and would be happy to let us use it for supplies and people transfers during the conference, that would be great
- Sound Tech Support: We have hired a professional for setting up the sound system and emergency situations, but it would be great to know that one of us has expertise in the field as a safety net.
- Video coverage: We will need your video footage (with good quality sound) for the final video production of the conference. Also, we need volunteers with video camera equipment and on camera directional microphone to help us capture most of the talks and open space workshops. In case you are interested to contribute please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘video coverage’